Last Call Pre-Elections 2016

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Bastlynn
Bastlynn's picture.
MediatorNewbie HelperSetting Department MemberSystem Department MemberStoryhostSite Lead
Last online
1 week 1 day ago
Last Call Pre-Elections 2016

Elections are up at the end of the month so I wanted to get one last round in and find out if there are areas in the ruleset I should take a closer look at over the next week. Anything left over come election time I'll post up to the new heads to look at in the coming year. :)

Zxehenia
Zxehenia's picture.
MediatorSetting Department MemberSystem Department MemberStoryhostSite Lead
Last online
8 hours 2 min ago

Instrument groups - This hasn't been mentioned since the move to let combat skills use weapon groups for light/med/heavy options. Instrument choice in general for the game seems to be more flavor compared to weapons, so we could probably go with broader categories ie: woodwind, brass, percussion (which would also include keyboarded/synths types) and strings.

What to roll for performing - Mostly been thinking about this in part of recommending it for the new buttons. Cha is the one stat always tied to it, pre has also been used making, Cha and Pre the most common performing combo if going for a 2 trait thing. Other combinations have been int and cha (mostly seen in cases of performing and trying to play to a specific crowd and acting), and fin and cha (rarely ever used, mostly in reference to technical instrument playing)

Bastlynn
Bastlynn's picture.
MediatorNewbie HelperSetting Department MemberSystem Department MemberStoryhostSite Lead
Last online
1 week 1 day ago
Adding my own last to-do's

Adding my own last to-do's here:

* Using Reputation points to purchase Rank in groups, with an eye towards same standards for military groups so we have consistency for players in the same organizations.

* Business rules, with an eye towards what people might want other than just silver - since they can do scenes and get silver easy as is.

Keshana
Keshana's picture.
MediatorSetting Department MemberSystem Department MemberAssistant Storyhost - ASH1
Last online
1 day 11 hours ago
A Clear Button

Is it possible to implement a "Clear Post" button? Often, if I start a post on my phone from work, I get home and type another one at my computer; but, when I move physical rooms in the house and take my phone with me, often I'm left with a giant block of text that I have to hold backspace for a long time to get clear.

It's mostly an aesthetic request to save a little bit of time to empty the box as desired. Thanks!

Zxehenia
Zxehenia's picture.
MediatorSetting Department MemberSystem Department MemberStoryhostSite Lead
Last online
8 hours 2 min ago
Clarification on the

Clarification on the mechanics of buffing and debuffing and ruling them beyond the pp/7 and to help have a better reference in the wiki.
Need working in regards to stacking, duration, removal, types.

Bastlynn
Bastlynn's picture.
Last online
1 week 1 day ago
Instrument group and

Instrument group and performance roll questions answered here: http://vaxia.org/forums/performance-rolls-and-instrument-groups

Please make a note of the performance rolls, using things like int + fin actually is a roll that costs more XP for you than a fin roll or an int + cha roll. And that's not fair. So under 3Fs I've clarified what stats go with what types of rolls so there's a generic way to determine what to do here.

Bastlynn
Bastlynn's picture.
Last online
1 week 1 day ago
Reputation within groups and

Reputation within groups and ranks has been added here: http://vaxia.org/forums/reputation-and-rank-within-groups

There's a solid chunk of this work on the Setting department since it's all dependent on the nature of the group the rank is with - but a basic outline of how the rules should work is structured there. This is new stuff for how we can use the reputation system to better reflect social positions so please give feedback!